- AMK Kithul Jaggery Paste 450g
- Coconut Milk Powder 80g
- Eggs: 6
- Warm Water 180ml
- Spices 2g (3-4 cardamon pod seeds crushed, 1/4 tsp of nutmeg, pinch of salt)
- Cashew Nuts (can be mixed in or used as decoration on the top)
AMK KITHUL JAGGERY PASTE: http://www.lankandelight.com/amk-kithul-jaggery-paste-454g/
COCONUT MILK POWDER: https://www.lankandelight.com/coconut-milk-powder-300g/
GREEN CARDAMOM: https://www.lankandelight.com/green-cardamom/
CASHEW NUTS: https://www.lankandelight.com/raw-cashew-nuts-1lb/
1. Add AMK Kithul Jaggery Paste into the well beaten eggs and blend well
2. Mix coconut milk powder and spices in warm water and add into the prepared jaggery mixture and blend it again. Can add cashhew nuts as well.
3. Cook it well in a pressure cooker or a steamer and then keep it until it cools down.
(Can be put in an over with a water bath. Put the tray of wattalapan into a larger tray that has water in it. Bake until the custard is set yet a little wobbly.)
4. Remove the watalappan and let it cool down. Keep in the refrigerator until it is chilled. (Large dishes take approx. 2-3 hours to cool down.)
5. Serve and enjoy! Optional: Add cashew nuts on top.